Stichting Het Leids Kerkhoven-Bosscha Fonds
The "Leids Kerkhoven-Bosscha Fonds" (LKBF) was founded in 1954,
in order to support astronomical research in general, and in
particular research in collaboration with the Bosscha Observatory in
The LKBF provides support to professional and retired astronomers working at one of
the Dutch astronomical institutes, for participation in conferences
and workshops, work visits etc.
In addition, the LKBF provides financial support
to the Bosscha Observatory in Lembang (Indonesia).
The present membership of the Board of the LKBF is:
B. Baud, R. Stuik (secr.), M. Franx, I. Kamp,
L. Kaper, H. van Langevelde (chair), M. Moscibrodzka, M. Oort, R. Witmer (treas.)
The Board of the LKBF meets 2 times per year to discuss the
requests and to allocate subsidies. Information about deadlines for
submission is available at 'Submission of subsidy requests'.
In light of the current Covid-19 crisis, subsidies are subject to the following regulations:
- LKBF will only contribute towards participation in virtual conferences and working visits within Europe.
- In general, LKBF expects the institute of the applicant,
meeting-organizers etc. to provide a contribution at least the equal to that of
- Only requests for future travel are eligible. Travel that
commences before the review is not eligible for a subsidy.
- Neither travel associated with projects nor observing trips are supported by the LKBF. This covers also visits to synchrotron facilities or trips to telescopes to install instrumentation. Observing trips are expected to be paid by the institutes, while travel for installation of instrumentation is expected to be included in the project funding.
- Also note that, for requests in the context of technical and instrumentation projects, a direct relation with the astronomical use must be demonstrated.
- Subsidy requests are personal and subsidies cannot be
transferred. If, for whatever reason, you cannot use the subsidy, it
should be returned to the LKBF and the secretary/treasurer
should be notified without delay.
- Starting 1-1-2012 applicants can receive no more than 1
subsidy for a conference visit per calendar year. This is based on the date of the application, not on the actual travel date. Subsidies for other
types of travel do not have yearly limits.
- Use the electronic form at lkbf.strw.leidenuniv.nl to
send a subsidy request.
Claiming the subsidy
In general you should claim your grant with your institute. The details of doing so are given in the email awarding your grant.
Secretariaat Leids Kerkhoven-Bosscha Fonds:
2300 RA Leiden